Monday, December 3, 2012

Ode to Saint Luke's NICU

Prelude: This is meant to be funny, as well as acknowledge our disdain for having to leave the NICU and all of the great family and friends we made while there. If your name got missed, maybe you should have made it easier for us to rhyme it with something! We really do miss you all, and we love and appreciate you for everything you did for our family. You saved my (Sam) life as well as Oakley's, and we could never thank you enough!



Thank you for choosing Saint Luke's
Where emesis means Oakley pukes.
We wear yellow gowns
and masks over any frowns
because anything but smiles are flukes.

We thought it might have been "Bieber fever,"
and they didn't know what it was either.
What we did know for sure,
was that Oakley wasn't so pure
he liked it rectally when you used the thermo-meter.

Ann Margaret said it was a vagal response
And she said he was "Snarky" more than once.
He got bored after sleeping til noon,
So Kira let him watch some "Epic" cartoons.

Oakley misses his Montana Miranda,
This long without seeing her makes him a sad panda.
Mom tried to get Hannah to become my aunt
but forcing her to marry uncle Zech...she can't

Nichole, my late-night friend, thanks for the books,
and for when you didn't have me, all the check ins and late night looks!
Stanette, Deb, Michal-you were always a ball,
I'll miss you, Saint Luke's NICU, I will miss you all!


I love the quilts you sent for me to snuggle,
not having my CAP girlfriends to cuddle is a struggle.
I do have a window here though,
and a tree that I can watch grow.
It's pure magic, even though I'm a muggle!

Speaking of growing real tall,
Thanks to my Docs, I'm no longer small.
Van Looey, Meyers, and Chrichton,
I needed your help to get fightin'
Thank you for your help one and all!

And Tony, Sherri, Larisa, Maria
I really can't wait to see ya.
I'll get huge and fat,
So big in fact, that
you won't recognize me (cuz I won't have diarrhea!)

I know I didn't cover everyone I'll miss
But I hope that you get the jist...
I miss you all so much,
I hope to touch
on how much you filled my heart with bliss!



Everyday, I realize how awesome we had it in Boise. We miss your continuity of care, the fact that you do care, and how truly wonderful each person that makes the whole of Saint Luke's what it is. We are counting down the days until we get to come back home, until we can see you all again, and until we are again, part of Saint Luke's (with our follow ups-hopefully no more inpatient for a while!)
Thank you for choosing to adopt our family this Christmas, we are amazed at the love we continue to receive from you.
Love,
Trevor, Sam, and Oakley

No comments:

Post a Comment